2021 Volleyball Canada Nationals
The following chart summarizes some important 2021 Nationals dates.
Please note that dates and locations are subject to change in accordance with government health and safety regulations.
Accommodations & Travel
Volleyball Canada’s Stay to Play policy is in effect for the 2021 Indoor National Championships. This means that all participating travelling teams are required to book hotel rooms through the event’s Accommodation Management Provider (AMP), in order to be eligible to play in the tournament.
We are once again pleased to be working with two AMPs in 2021. Booking dates will vary by event and will be released at a later date. Please note; booking accommodations are only permitted once teams are registered.
*To prioritize registered teams, hotel booking links will only be found in each team's 2021 Nationals registration confirmation email. Hotel booking links will be available on the website one week after the opening date.
HTG Sports Services is the official AMP for the following 2021 National Championships:
- 14U Girls & Boys – Ottawa, ON
- 15U Boys & 17U Boys – Waterloo, ON
- 15U Girls – Regina, SK
- 16U Girls – Edmonton, AB
- 16U Boys & 17U Girls – Regina, SK
EventConnect is the official AMP for the following 2021 National Championships:
- 14U Girls & Boys – Halifax, NS
- 14U Girls & Boys – Winnipeg, MB
- 18U Girls & Boys – Montreal, QC
All bookings must occur through the appropriate booking portal.
Please check back for further details on the Stay to Play booking process.
Stay to Play - Exemption Requests
Volleyball Canada will consider Stay to Play exemption requests under the following categories:
Proximity Exemption Request: A team is based within the specified proximity distance of the competition venue OR the team plans to stay with family or friends that resides within the specified proximity distance of the competition.
Note: Proximity distances differ by city.
Special Exemption Request: For exemption requests that do not fall under the above category, please fill out this Special Exemption Request.
Exemption request forms will be available at a later date.
NOTE: Local teams no longer need to submit a Stay to Play Exemption Request form. Volleyball Canada will review all registrations to identify local teams and will send a Stay to Play Exemption confirmation email within 10 business days of registration to those who are eligible.
Nationals Accommodations Contact Information
For questions regarding the Stay to Play Policy and Exemption Requests, please contact:
Volleyball Canada - firstname.lastname@example.org
Volleyball Canada is once again happy to partner with Absolute Travel Specialists for the 2021 Nationals season. Though not required, we encourage teams to book with Absolute Travel Specialists to take advantage of the following benefits:
- WIN: Book your team with Absolute Travel Specialists by January 29th, 2021 and you will be automatically entered into a draw for a $500 credit towards your group flight booking.
- Hold Group Space: Absolute Travel is holding group space, permitting you to mix and match flights with Air Canada and Westjet from all gateways! Absolute Travel has secured group air seats from all major gateways, which ensures the best flight times for your team and families with competitive rates.
- Free checked bag and seat selection: Bookings include 1 FREE checked bag per person, round trip PLUS free seat selection! (Approximate value $120 CAD value)
- Group pricing: Every person travelling with your team will pay the same price.
- Reserve with deposit only: Final payment required 75 days prior to travel date giving your team lots of time to fundraise if required. Names are not required at the time of deposit, just your estimated numbers.
- Payment options are available.
- Block reduction: You can reduce your group block by up to 20% without penalty.
Contact Elayne Pink - email@example.com or call toll-free 1-866-322-6538 - for more information, or to book today!
Did You Know?
- Air Canada Groups no longer provides group quotes unless you are an IATA registered agency, which Absolute Travel is.
- Absolute Travel has experience booking team group travel and has assisted Volleyball Canada Teams for all Nationals since 2015.
- WestJet has a long-standing group relationship with Absolute Travel.
- You do not have to wait to hold your group's seats. You can hold your space with a deposit any time after September 15th, 2020. Book now to ensure your preferred flight choice!
Please click on the link to your event for more information on venue location, parking, transportation, food services and more.
April 29 to May 2, 2021
May 6 to May 9, 2021
May 13 to May 16, 2021
- Winnipeg, MB (14U Boys & Girls) - RBC Convention Centre
- Halifax, NS (14U Boys & Girls) - Canada Games Centre
- Edmonton, AB (16U Girls) - Saville Centre
May 14 to 17, 2021
May 20 to 23, 2021
May 22 to 25, 2021
Rules & Policies
For rules and policies please follow this link that will take you directly to Volleyball's Canada policy page.
Volleyball Canada is committed to providing a safe sport environment for all our participants. For more information, our policies, and resources, please click here.
If you are a victim or witness of criminal behaviour, please contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911 in emergencies.
The Government of Canada has also provided a designated contact line to report abuse in sport.
View all National events' past results here.