2021 Volleyball Canada Nationals
The following chart summarizes some important 2021 Nationals dates.
For more important dates, please click here.
Please note that dates and locations are subject to change in accordance with government health and safety regulations.
Accommodations & Travel
Volleyball Canada’s Stay to Play policy is in effect for the 2021 Indoor National Championships. This means that all participating travelling teams are required to book hotel rooms through the event’s Accommodation Management Provider (AMP), in order to be eligible to play in the tournament.
We are once again pleased to be working with two AMPs in 2021. Booking dates will vary by event and will be released at a later date. Please note; booking accommodations are only permitted once teams are registered.
*To prioritize registered teams, hotel booking links will only be found in each team's 2021 Nationals registration confirmation email. Hotel booking links will be available on the website one week after the opening date.
HTG Sports Services is the official AMP for the following 2021 National Championships:
- 14U Girls & Boys – Ottawa, ON
- 15U Boys & 17U Boys – Waterloo, ON
- 15U Girls – Regina, SK
- 16U Girls – Edmonton, AB
- 16U Boys & 17U Girls – Regina, SK
EventConnect is the official AMP for the following 2021 National Championships:
- 14U Girls & Boys – Halifax, NS
- 14U Girls & Boys – Winnipeg, MB
- 18U Girls & Boys – Montreal, QC
All bookings must occur through the appropriate booking portal.
Please check back for further details on the Stay to Play booking process.
Stay to Play - Exemption Requests
Volleyball Canada will consider Stay to Play exemption requests under the following categories:
Proximity Exemption Request: A team is based within the specified proximity distance of the competition venue OR the team plans to stay with family or friends that resides within the specified proximity distance of the competition.
Note: Proximity distances differ by city.
Special Exemption Request: For exemption requests that do not fall under the above category, please fill out this Special Exemption Request.
Exemption request forms will be available at a later date.
NOTE: Local teams no longer need to submit a Stay to Play Exemption Request form. Volleyball Canada will review all registrations to identify local teams and will send a Stay to Play Exemption confirmation email within 10 business days of registration to those who are eligible.
Nationals Accommodations Contact Information
For questions regarding the Stay to Play Policy and Exemption Requests, please contact:
Volleyball Canada - firstname.lastname@example.org
Volleyball Canada is once again happy to partner with Absolute Travel Specialists for the 2021 Nationals season. Though not required, we encourage teams to book with Absolute Travel Specialists to take advantage of the following benefits:
- WIN: Book your team with Absolute Travel Specialists and you will be automatically entered into a draw for a $500 credit towards your group flight booking.
- Hold Group Space: Absolute Travel is holding group space, permitting you to mix and match flights with Air Canada and Westjet from all gateways! Absolute Travel has secured group air seats from all major gateways, which ensures the best flight times for your team and families with competitive rates.
- Free checked bag and seat selection: Bookings include 1 FREE checked bag per person, round trip PLUS free seat selection! (Approximate value $120 CAD value)
- Group pricing: Every person travelling with your team will pay the same price.
- Reserve with deposit only: Final payment required 75 days prior to travel date giving your team lots of time to fundraise if required. Names are not required at the time of deposit, just your estimated numbers.
- Payment options are available.
- Block reduction: You can reduce your group block by up to 20% without penalty.
Contact Elayne Pink - email@example.com or call toll-free 1-866-322-6538 - for more information, or to book today!
Did You Know?
- Air Canada Groups no longer provides group quotes unless you are an IATA registered agency, which Absolute Travel is.
- Absolute Travel has experience booking team group travel and has assisted Volleyball Canada Teams for all Nationals since 2015.
- WestJet has a long-standing group relationship with Absolute Travel.
- You do not have to wait to hold your group's seats. You can hold your space with a deposit any time after September 15th, 2020. Book now to ensure your preferred flight choice!
Please click on the link to your event for more information on venue location, parking, transportation, food services and more.
April 29 to May 2, 2021
May 6 to May 9, 2021
May 13 to May 16, 2021
- Winnipeg, MB (14U Boys & Girls) - RBC Convention Centre
- Halifax, NS (14U Boys & Girls) - Canada Games Centre
- Edmonton, AB (16U Girls) - Saville Centre
May 14 to 17, 2021
May 20 to 23, 2021
May 22 to 25, 2021
Tuesday, January 5th at 12:00 PM EST: 17U
Wednesday, January 6th at 12:00 PM EST: 15U
Thursday, January 7th at 12:00 PM EST: 18U
Friday, January 8th at 12:00 PM EST: 16U
Tuesday, January 19th at 12:00 PM EST: 14U
Wednesday, January 27th at 12:00 PM EST: Playing Up Teams
2021 registration fees:
15U – 18U = $1,200
14U OTT & WIN = $1050; 14U HFX = $975
All team registrations for Nationals are done on the Volleyball Registration System (VRS). For assistance on registering a team, please consult the Nationals Registration Guide. All registrations for 2021 Nationals open at 12 PM (noon) Eastern Time. We encourage teams to be prepared to register at the time of registration opening as events fill quickly.
Reminder! Teams may only register for their declared age category during the stated age-specific registration dates. For teams interested in playing in multiple age categories or in an older age category, please see the “Teams Playing Up” section for further details.
For all Nationals registration questions, please contact Josh Toltesi at 613-748-5681 x238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teams Playing Up (underage teams)
Any teams playing up by 1 or more divisions from their declared age category must wait until 12 PM (noon) on January 27th, 2021 to register for the older age group. This is to give all “of-age” teams a chance to register in their appropriate age group. Any team found in violation of this rule will be subject to removal from the tournament. If a team wishes to play up but the event fills before the play-up registration date, the team can register onto the waitlist at 12 PM (noon) on January 27th.
Example: a 14U girls team may register for the Halifax Nationals on January 23rd. If that team wishes to also play in the 15U Nationals in Edmonton they must wait until January 29th to register for that event. If the 14U girls team plans to only compete in 15U Nationals, they must still wait to register until the January 27th registration.
Teams have until 11:59 PM EST on April 8th, 2020 to register, pending availability in the tournament. Teams can continue to add their name to the waitlist following this date.
Withdrawing a Team from Nationals
If you wish to withdraw from Nationals, please complete the Team Withdrawal Form.
Teams who wish to withdraw from Nationals will be eligible for a refund as per the following timelines:
List of Registered Teams
A list of teams registered for the event will be posted 1 week after registration opens and will be updated regularly leading up to Nationals.
For questions regarding the changing of team or club names please contact email@example.com with the details that you would like to alter.
With some events filling quickly, waitlists will come into effect as soon as the age category reaches initial capacity. Teams will be invited to join the event from the waitlist as spots become available in the order in which they registered onto the waitlist.
Rosters do not need to be uploaded by teams for Nationals. All rosters (including players and coaches/team personnel) will be taken directly from the Provincial/Territorial Association (PTA) based on each team’s final roster for their PTA Championships.
Please complete a request form if you wish to make a change to your provincial championship roster for VC Nationals. Please note that exemptions will only be granted under exceptional circumstances. All team personnel changes must fall within the guidelines listed in the Coach Certification Policy. Player changes should fall within the following guidelines:
- Teams must have 7 or fewer players remaining for their Nationals roster
- Incoming player(s) must have played the current season with the same club
- Incoming player(s) could not have played on a team who was declared at an older age category during the current season (16U player who played on a 17U team during the same season)
Coach/ Team Staff Exemption Form
$50 for team personnel change
Athlete Exemption Form
$100 for player change
For questions regarding roster exemption please contact:
Sandra de Graaff, Director, Domestic Competitions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Important Check-in Reminders:
- Only individuals on the official team roster can check-in their team (head coach, assistant coach, team contact, manager)
- Players are not required to be at check-in.
- Proof of age must be presented for all players in the form of a government-issued ID (copies are encouraged).
- Teams who are not available during the listed check-in time will be required to submit a late check-in request.
- Coaches are required to provide their NCCP number at check-in.
You can find more details on check-in in the Competition Guide.
If coaches will not be able to make the listed coach check-in time they may request late check-in. Late check-in requests will be charged $50.
Coming soon: late check-in form.
Draft schedules will be available in April.
Final schedules will be available on ISET.net.
Practice time bookings will be available Thursday, February 25th at 12:00pm EST.
The first draft practice schedule will be posted Friday, March 5th and will be updated every Friday by 3:00 PM EST time.
Teams may sign up for a practice time prior to their tournament at no charge. Teams are permitted 45-60-minute a practice slot and are asked to promptly exit the court space at the end of the reserved time. Practice times will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Practice times are not guaranteed for all teams due to space and time available in each venue.
Teams are required to supply their own balls for practice. A limited quantity of balls that will be available to rent. Stay tuned for more details.
For information and questions regarding practice time bookings, please contact: email@example.com
Pre-sale passes will be available for purchase on Thursday, February 4th at 12 pm (noon) EST with a discount of $5. Tickets will increase to full price on Thursday, April 22nd at 12 pm (noon) EST.
Please note that athletes and team staff are not required to purchase an event pass as accreditation will be provided at Coach Check-in.
For information and questions regarding event passes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-748-5681.
Volleyball Canada is not responsible for any lost or stolen passes.
Ticketing & Will Call:
Pre-purchased event passes will be available for pick up at Will Call. Make sure to have a piece of photo I.D. as well as a proof of payment with you when picking up your pass.
Further information regarding ticketing hours and locations per event will be available in the spring.
If you are picking up a pass under another name, please have the printed confirmation of their purchase to receive these passes.
Rules & Policies
For rules and policies please follow this link that will take you directly to Volleyball's Canada policy page.
Volleyball Canada is committed to providing a safe sport environment for all our participants. For more information, our policies, and resources, please click here.
If you are a victim or witness of criminal behaviour, please contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911 in emergencies.
The Government of Canada has also provided a designated contact line to report abuse in sport.
View all National events' past results here.