2019 Nationals - 14U Boys / 15U Girls
9 - 12 May, 2019
Saville Community Sports Centre
Post Event Survey
Volleyball Canada wants your feedback!
Throughout the years we have greatly appreciated the feedback provided on your Nationals experience; your responses help us take the steps needed to improve our event.
The results of the 2019 post event survey will allow us to continue to learn on how we can keep improving Nationals and allows us to provide our athletes, coaches and spectators with the best Nationals possible in upcoming years.
Tell us how we did at the end of Nationals 2019 to be entered into a draw to win the prizes below!
- Free Indoor Nationals registration for 2020
- Mikasa prize packs
- Additional prizing from our sponsor
Stay tuned for more prizing!
The survey is now closed.
List of registered teams
For questions regarding the changing of team or club names please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details that you would like to alter.
Click here to upload your team's photo and logo for Nationals 2019.
With some events filling quickly, waitlists will come into effect as soon as the event fills. Teams will be invited to join the event from the waitlist as/if spots become available in the order in which they registered onto the waitlist.
Withdrawing a team from Nationals
If you wish to withdraw from Nationals, please complete the Team Withdrawal Form.
Teams who wish to withdraw from Nationals will be eligible for a refund as per the following timelines:
All team registrations for Nationals are done on the Volleyball Registration System (VRS). For assistance on registering a team, please consult the Nationals Registration Guide. Registration for the 14U Boys and 15U Girls event in Edmonton will open on Monday January 21st at 12pm (noon) Eastern time.
We encourage teams be prepared to register at the time of registration opening as events can fill quickly.
New for 2019! Teams may only register for their declared age category during the January registration dates. For teams interested in playing in multiple age categories or in an older age category, please see the “Teams Playing Up” section below for further details.
Registration Closing Date
Teams have until 11:59PM EST on April 10th, 2019 to register pending availability in the tournament.
Rosters do not need to be uploaded by teams for Nationals. All rosters (including players and coaches/team personnel) will be taken directly from the Provincial/Territorial Association (PTA) based on each team’s final roster for their PTA Championships. Rosters will be available for review prior to the event.
For questions regarding registration or rosters or registration please contact:
Vanessa Valente - email@example.com or 613-748-5681 x238
Please fill either of these request forms if you wish to make a change to your provincial championship roster for VC Nationals. Please note that exemptions will only be granted under exceptional circumstances.
For questions regarding roster exemption please contact:
Sandra de Graaff, Director, Domestic Competitions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Volleyball Canada’s Stay to Play policy is in effect for the 2019 National Championships. This means that all participating travelling teams are required to book hotel rooms through the event’s Accommodation Management Provider (AMP), in order to be eligible to play in the tournament.
HTG Sports Services is the official AMP for the 2019 Edmonton National Championships.
Booking opening date: Tuesday, Jan 22nd, 2019 at noon, 12:00pm EST
Team bookings: If you have yet to book team accommodations, please click here to book. Team codes are required to book team blocks.
Individual and small bookings: The HTG link to book individual or small group bookings is now available. Click here to book now! Please note; this link is not for team bookings, it is available to accommodate parents/supporters who require additional rooms outside of team bookings. Team codes are not required.
Stay to Play - Exemption Requests
Volleyball Canada will consider Stay to Play exemption requests under the following categories:
- Proximity Exemption Request: A team is based within 160km of the competition venue OR the team plans to stay with family or friends that resides within 160km of the competition venue.
- Special Exemption Request: For exemption requests that do not fall under the above category, please fill out this Special Exemption Request.
NEW in 2019 - Local teams no longer need to submit a Stay to Play Exemption Request form. Volleyball Canada will review all registrations to identify local teams and will send a Stay to Play Exemption confirmation email within 7 business days of registration to those who are eligible.
Accommodations Contact Information
For questions regarding the Stay to Play Policy and Exemption Requests, please contact:
- Caitlin Devlin - Volleyball Canada - email@example.com or 613-748-5681 x229.
For questions regarding hotels and the booking portal, please contact:
- Melanie Mariutti - HTG Sports Services - firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-668-5596 x 203.
Volleyball Canada is proud to once again have Absolute Travel Specialists on board as our official travel booking partner for the 2019 Volleyball Canada Nationals. Absolute Travel is an optional service to help ease the booking process and secure competitive rates.
Why Book with Absolute?
· Very competitive rates to and from all major gateways.
· Absolute Travel will secure group air seats to and from all major gateways which will ensure the best flight times and travel schedules for your team and their families.
· Your team will get group pricing where every person traveling with your team will pay the same price."
· Your team will only have to pay a deposit to hold your space, with final payment required 60 days prior to travel date, which will give your team lots of time to fundraise if required.
· Names are not required at time of deposit, just your estimated numbers.
· You can reduce your group block by up to 20% prior to final payment.
· Groups receive free seat selection. ($57.50 per person value)
· If required teams will have the option to prepay baggage fees at time of final payment to make airport check in easier and faster.
· Payment options are available.
Did You Know?
· Absolute Travel has experience booking team group travel and has assisted Volleyball Canada Teams for the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Nationals.
· Air Canada groups will no longer provide group quotes unless you are an IATA registered agent, which Absolute Travel is.
· WestJet has a long standing group relationship with Absolute Travel.
· You do not have to wait to hold your groups seats. You can hold your space with a $ 100/person deposit any time after September 15th.
If you have any questions regarding booking your group travel and/or flights for the VC Regional/Nationals please contact:
Elayne Pink -email@example.com or call toll-free 1-866-322-6538
Rules & Policies
For rules and policies please follow this link that will take you directly to Volleyball Canada's policy page.
2019 Ticketing Costs
$40 - (19-64) Tournament Pass (per tournament)
$15 - (19-64) Day Pass
$10 - (65+) Day Pass
$30 - (65+) Tournament Pass
FREE - Under 19
*Please note that prices for event passes are as listed on the website and on the pre-purchase form and not as per what was listed in our last communication. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.
*Please note that event passes are no longer on sale online. Please visit our ticketing booth at the Saville Community Sport Centre to purchase your event passes.
For information and questions regarding event passes, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-748-5681
Ticketing & Will Call:
Pre-purchased event passes will be available for pick up at Will Call. Make sure to have a piece of photo I.D. as well as a proof of payment with you when picking up your pass. If you are picking up a pass under another name, please have the printed confirmation of their purchase to receive these passes.
Saville Community Sports Centre
11610 65 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 2E1
Friday, May 10th Parking
PARKING RESTRICTION NOTIFICATION - FRIDAY ONLY – Limit of 3 vehicles per team at Saville Community Sport Centre's Parking Lot J (main parking lot); with no access to overflow parking until after 4:30pm.
- VC parking passes will be required to access the parking lot on Friday.
- Passes will be given out to each team at Check in; teams are responsible to allocate accordingly.
Here are few options for extra commuters/vehicles on Friday before 4:30pm:
Option 1: CARPOOL your team using only 3 vehicles!
Option 2: LRT to South Campus station (300m from Saville)
Option 3: Drop athletes at DROP OFF ZONE (Southwest Entrance) and park offsite
Option 4: Park at Southgate Shopping Centre Park n’ Ride and take FREE VC shuttle to Saville.
- Printed VC parking pass required – download/print Southgate parking pass here or visit the Nationals ticketing desk on Thursday at Saville for printed copies. VC Shuttle (marked yellow school bus) will be available from 6:30am – 10:00pm
Other important parking information:
- Though parking restrictions are Friday only, we encourage carpooling and use of public transit the entire weekend. Parking is first come, first serve on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, as nearby overflow parking is available.
- Lot J and overflow parking is free of charge throughout the weekend
- Note; BUS parking is not available at Saville; busses can drop off teams at drop off zone, but must park offsite
- The public transit is conveniently located next to the South Campus transit/LRT station
- If you have any further questions regarding parking contact Events Manager, South Campus (780-492-1000)
Please follow this link to find out more information on food services.
* Please be advised that no outdoor food or beverages are allowed in the facility
Check-in is on Thursday, May 9, 2019 from 12:00pm-8:00pm
Important Check-in Reminders:
- Only individuals on the official team roster can check-in their team (head coach, assistant coach, team contact, manager)
- The players themselves are not required to be at check-in.
- Proof of age must be presented for all players in the form of a government - issued ID (copies are encouraged).
- Teams who are not available during the listed check-in time will be required to submit a late check-in request and will be charged $50.
- Coaches are required to provide their NCCP number at check-in..
Please fill out this form if you are unable to make the specified check-in time.
Draft schedules will be available in April while final schedules will be posted the night of check-in. Final schedules are now available on ISET.net.
Current Draft Schedule: Updated May 7, 2019
Teams may sign up for a practice time prior to their tournament at no charge. Teams are permitted 45-60-minute practice slot and are asked to promptly exit the court space at the end of the reserved time. Practice times will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Practice times for 14U boys & 15U girls will be from 1:00pm-7:00pm
- Click here to register for your practice times.
Current Practice Times: Updated May 8th, 2019
For information and questions regarding practice time bookings, please contact: email@example.com or 613-748-5681 ext 240
Day 1 and 2 of Nationals will be split into 2 waves. The AM wave normally starts at 7:30am and the PM wave starts at approximately 1:30pm. A team will play in the same wave on both day 1 and day 2. There will be no waves for day 3 of competition.
- Click here to view the wave times. Please note that they are subject to change as scheduling and registration is finalized.
All participants have access to free medical services and supplies while participating at nationals.
Volleyball Canada is providing athletic therapists that will be available on-site for all athletes. Every hall will include a medical station in which an athletic therapist will be available.
Cramer Medical has provided all medical supplies for nationals. This includes free taping for all athletes! Thank you to Cramer Medical for their support!
Please make sure to review the Concussion Policy and Protocol. All athletic therapists on site will be qualified to perform concussion assessments if necessary; players who do not pass their assessment will not be permitted able to play for the remainder of the tournament.
Infinite Eye Sport Action will be the photography service used at Edmonton Nationals! They provide high quality sports photographic services with dependable customer service to bring you amazing images and prints you will cherish for a lifetime.
- Athlete Spotlights
- Team Spotlights
- Team Power Pose Photos
SPACE IS LMITED. Ensure you get a spot - REGISTER with us by emailing us – firstname.lastname@example.org To BOOK YOUR SPOT email us at HELLO@InfiniteEye.ca and let them know:
- Player First and Last Name
- Team Name and Division
- Team Location
- Game date/time preference you are requesting us to photograph
For more information please follow this link.
Volleyball Canada will once again be providing electronic scoring at all Nationals in 2019 via ISET.net! This means that supporters will have instant access to match scores and will be able to track their team’s progress throughout the tournament.
Please follow this link to learn the "how to" on e-scoring
More information regarding the use of e-scoring will be posted in the spring.
Welcome to Edmonton. We throw axes for fun, barbecue in blizzards, run with dinosaurs and camp with bison. From the continents first, biggest and wildest Fringe Theatre Festival to a shopping mall that at one time had more submarines than the Canadian navy, Edmontonians have never been afraid to do things a little differently. Normal is for the other guys.
Why is Edmonton different? There are theories. Maybe it’s our northern home, where for years we’ve learned to make our own fun. Perhaps it’s our legacy of entrepreneurs dreaming up oddities: deep freezer races, winter patios and surfing indoors. Perhaps it’s the foundation of natural beauty, from which we’ve built something great. Take your taste buds on a journey to some of the hottest craft beer taprooms and hyper-local bistros, experience the glory of the northern lights from our dark sky preserves, or cruise through North America’s largest stretch of urban parkland. There’s a uniqueness to how Edmontonians do ordinary things, and we welcome you to be a part of it.
Be sure to visit the Explore Edmonton website to help plan your trip to Edmonton.
Here are a few links to help you get the most out of your trip to Edmonton:
· Here is a great video which offers quick glimpse of what Edmonton has to offer!
· Looking for some information on local attractions?
· How about checking out a local tour group?
· Explore Edmonton UTrip
What is UTrip?
Using artificial intelligence and personal preferences, the trip planner creates day-to-day itineraries that include recommendations of restaurants, hotels, shopping and more. Whether you are a foodie looking to indulge in Edmonton’s iconic food scene, a first-time visitor looking to check out the must-see attractions, or an arts lover looking to dive deep into local museums and galleries, the itinerary can be personalized to best suit your own taste.
Results & Awards
All results will be available via ISET Sports.
Did you know you can follow your team on ISET for team-specific updates?
- Step 1 - Go to the ‘Teams’ tab of the event page (once available)
- Step 2 - Click on your team name to open your team profile
- Step 3 – Click on ‘Get Updates’ and subscribe to get email updates, including competition scores for your team
2019 – Live scoring and live results will once again be available.
Division 1, Tier 1 Champions
14U Boys - Canuck Black (AB)
15U Girls - KW Preds Synergy (ON)
All-Star and MVP Awards, presented by Active Ankle
All-star and MVP Awards selection process: Volleyball Canada`s awards selection committee works with all coaches of the four Division 1, Tier 1 semi-finalists to select an MVP and all-stars for the age groups of 15U, 16U, 17U and 18U. This is done by coaches nominating players from their own teams as well as their opponents and tabulating the top 6 players of each age division/gender.
MVP – Melody Vang (KW Preds Synergy)
All Stars – Bianca Oquendo (Vision Elite Rage), Olivia Zhu (Halton Hurricanes Black), Megan Burke (Libellules), Anne Sofie Charette (Libellules), Jessica Andrews (KW Preds Synergy), Lauryn Hovey (KW Preds Synergy)
Fair Play Award
The Fair Play Award will be awarded to one male and female 14U team, at the end of every tournament, who have embodied the spirit of the Fair Play rule and have displayed support and consideration for their teammates as well as other participants. This award will be chosen by a Volleyball Canada awards selection committee consisting of staff, VC Representative, and referees.
Player of the Wave
Each team will be able to nominate one player on day 1 & 2 of competition. After each wave, coaches will select a deserving player to submit a ballot at the VC booth. All players who submit a ballot will receive a personalized Player of the Wave certificate.
Mizuno Outstanding Coach Award
The Outstanding Coach Award is an award designed to celebrate coaches who embody the ideal qualities of a coach. Mizuno is a proud sponsor of this award.
Follow us on:
Interested in keeping up with all of the communications released regarding Nationals? Subscribe to our mailing list so that you're the first to know!
Join our Team!
If you are interested in being a part of this event let us know by completing this form. There are various areas to get involved in such as, activations/promotions, court management, results, special events etc.