2019 Nationals - 14U Girls
9 - 12 May , 2019
Richmond Olympic Oval
Richmond, British Columbia
List of registered teams
For questions regarding the changing of team or club names please contact email@example.com with the details that you would like to alter.
Click here to upload your team's photo and logo for Nationals 2019.
With some events filling quickly, waitlists will come into effect as soon as the event fills. Teams will be invited to join the event from the waitlist as/if spots become available in the order in which they registered onto the waitlist.
Withdrawing a team from Nationals
If you wish to withdraw from Nationals, please complete the Team Withdrawal Form.
Teams who wish to withdraw from Nationals will be eligible for a refund as per the following timelines:
All team registrations for Nationals are done on the Volleyball Registration System (VRS). For assistance on registering a team, please consult the Nationals Registration Guide. Registration for the 14U Girls event in Halifax will open on Monday January 14th at 12pm (noon) Eastern time.
We encourage teams be prepared to register at the time of registration opening as events can fill quickly.
New for 2019! Teams may only register for their declared age category during the January registration dates. For teams interested in playing in multiple age categories or in an older age category, please see the “Teams Playing Up” section below for further details.
Registration fee: $950
Registration Closing Date
Teams have until 11:59PM EST on April 10th, 2019 to register pending availability in the tournament.
Rosters do not need to be uploaded by teams for Nationals. All rosters (including players and coaches/team personnel) will be taken directly from the Provincial/Territorial Association (PTA) based on each team’s final roster for their PTA Championships. Rosters will be available for review prior to the event.
For questions regarding registration or rosters or registration please contact:
Vanessa Valente - firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-748-5681 x238
Please fill out either of these request forms if you wish to make a change to your provincial championship roster for VC Nationals. Please note that exemptions will only be granted under exceptional circumstances.
For questions regarding roster exemption please contact:
Sandra de Graaff, Director, Domestic Competitions (email@example.com).
Volleyball Canada’s Stay to Play policy is in effect for the 2019 National Championships. This means that all participating travelling teams are required to book hotel rooms through the event’s Accommodation Management Provider (AMP), in order to be eligible to play in the tournament.
Room Roster is the official AMP for the following 2019 Richmond National Championships.
Booking opening date: Tuesday, Jan 15th, 2019
Hotel bookings: If you have yet to book team accommodations, please click here to book.
Click here to review all hotel options for the event. Please note; this is a preview only link. Booking will only become available on January 15th.
Stay to Play - Exemption Requests
Volleyball Canada will consider Stay to Play exemption requests under the following categories:
- Proximity Exemption Request: A team is based within 75 km of the competition venue OR the team plans to stay with family or friends that resides within 75 km of the competition venue.
- Special Exemption Request: For exemption requests that do not fall under the above category, please fill out this Special Exemption Request.
NEW in 2019 - Local teams no longer need to submit a Stay to Play Exemption Request form. Volleyball Canada will review all registrations to identify local teams and will send a Stay to Play Exemption confirmation email within 7 business days of registration to those who are eligible.
Accommodations Contact Information
For questions regarding hotels and the booking portal, please contact:
- Customer Support - EventConnect - firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-723-2064
For questions regarding the Stay to Play Policy and Exemption Requests, please contact:
- Caitlin Devlin - Volleyball Canada - email@example.com or 613-748-5681 x 229.
Volleyball Canada is proud to once again have Absolute Travel Specialists on board as our official travel booking partner for the 2019 Volleyball Canada Nationals. Absolute Travel is an optional service to help ease the booking process and secure competitive rates.
Book your group flights with Absolute Travel Specialists by February 8th 2019 and you will be automatically entered into a draw for a $500 credit towards your group flight booking.
Why Book with Absolute?
-Very competitive rates to and from all major gateways.
-Absolute Travel will secure group air seats to and from all major gateways which will ensure the best flight times and travel schedules for your team and their families.
-Your team will get group pricing where every person traveling with your team will pay the same price.
-Your team will only have to pay a deposit to hold your space, with final payment required 60 days prior to travel date, which will give your team lots of time to fundraise if required.
-Names are not required at time of deposit, just your estimated numbers.
-You can reduce your group block by up to 20% prior to final payment.
-Groups receive free seat selection. ($57.50 per person value)
-If required teams will have the option to prepay baggage fees at time of final payment to make airport check in easier and faster.
-Payment options are available.
Did You Know?
-Absolute Travel has experience booking team group travel and has assisted Volleyball Canada Teams for the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Nationals.
-Air Canada groups will no longer provide group quotes unless you are an IATA registered agent, which Absolute Travel is.
-WestJet has a long standing group relationship with Absolute Travel.
-You do not have to wait to hold your groups seats. You can hold your space with a $ 100/person deposit any time after September 15th.
If you have any questions regarding booking your group travel and/or flights for the VC Regional/Nationals please contact:
Elayne Pink -firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free 1-866-322-6538
Rules & Policies
For rules and policies please follow this link that will take you directly to Volleyball Canada's policy page.
2019 Ticketing Costs
$30 - (19-64) Tournament Pass (per tournament)
$10 - (19-64) Day Pass
$5 - (65+) Day Pass
$15 - (65+) Tournament Pass
FREE - Under 19
*Please note that prices for event passes are as listed on the website and on the pre-purchase form and not as per what was listed in our last communication. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.
*Please note that event passes are no longer on sale online. Please visit our ticketing booth at the Richmond Olympic Oval for your event passes.
For information and questions regarding event passes, please contact:
email@example.com or 613-748-5681
Ticketing & Will Call:
Pre-purchased event passes will be available for pick up at Will Call. Make sure to have a piece of photo I.D. as well as a proof of payment with you when picking up your pass. If you are picking up a pass under another name, please have the printed confirmation of their purchase to receive these passes.
Richmond Olympic Oval
- 6111 River Rd, Richmond, BC V7C 0A2
- The Oval is just south of the City of Vancouver and only minutes from Vancouver International Airport.
- Court 30-36 Layout
- Courts 37-39 Layout
Do you want to escape the courts to relax and recharge? Please follow this link to read about the Athlete's Lounge!
- Please follow this link that will show you a map of the Overflow Parking.
- Richmond Olympic Oval encourages athletes and spectators to walk or use public transportation to the facility due to that parking is at a premium.
- The SkyTrain, Canada line takes you from Waterfront Station to the Vancouver Airport. The closest station to the Richmond Olympic Oval is Lansdowne Station. With a short walk down Lansdowne to the Oval this would be the best way to get to the competition
- A single/cash fare for an adult from Waterfront to Lansdowne is $2.95.
- To find more information on the Canada line and it’s pricing, and schedules please follow this link.
- Traveling south from Vancouver, Richmond can be accessed via Granville Street and the Arthur Laing Bridge, Oak Street or Knight Street. From the south and east Richmond is directly accessible by Highway 99 and Highway 91. Travel time on Highway 99 from the US-Canada border to Richmond is approximately 20 minutes.
- Once exiting into Richmond and on Westminster Highway, follow it to Gilbert Road. Proceed one block north on Gilbert Road to Elmbridge Way. Proceed one block west on Elmbridge Way to Hollybridge Way. Follow Hollybridge Way north to its first intersection with River Road. The Oval is located at the northwest corner of the intersection of Hollybridge Way and River Road with entrance off of River Road.
Please follow the link to plan your travel with the bus/SkyTrain.
Please follow this link to find out more information on food services.
* Please be advised that no outdoor food or drink are permitted in the facility
Check-in will be on Thursday, May 9th, 2019 from 3:30pm-8:00pm located on level 2
Important Check-in Reminders:
- Only individuals on the official team roster can check-in their team (head coach, assistant coach, team contact, manager)
- The players themselves are not required to be at check-in.
- Proof of age must be presented for all players in the form of a government - issued ID (copies are encouraged).
- Teams who are not available during the listed check-in time will be required to submit a late check-in request and will be charged $50.
- Coaches are required to provide their NCCP number at check-in.
Late Check - In
Please fill in this form if you are unable to make the specified check-in time.
Final schedules are available on ISET.net.
Seeding as of: May 6th, 2019 updated pool names for Division 3
Teams may sign up for a practice time prior to their tournament at no charge. Teams are permitted 45-60-minute practice slot and are asked to promptly exit the court space at the end of the reserved time. There will be limited access to practice courts. Practice times will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Practice times for 14U girls will be from 3:30pm-8:00pm.
- Click here to register for your practice times.
- Please note that only 3:30pm and 8:00pm time slots are available
Current Practice Times: Updated May 8th, 2019
For information and questions regarding practice time bookings, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-748-5681 ext 240
Day 1 and 2 of Nationals will be split into 2 waves. The AM wave normally starts at 7:30am and the PM wave starts at approximately 1:30pm. A team will play in the same wave on both day 1 and day 2. There will be no waves for day 3 of competition.
- Click here to view the wave times. Please note that they are subject to change as scheduling and registration is finalized.
More information to come!
Volleyball Canada will once again be providing electronic scoring at all Nationals in 2019 via ISET.net! This means that supporters will have instant access to match scores and will be able to track their team’s progress throughout the tournament.
Please follow this link to learn the "how to" on e-scoring
More information regarding the use of e-scoring will be posted in the spring.
Richmond is a thriving city where culture and character converge in a stunning setting. Where the refined mixes with the raw and contrasts are celebrated. It’s a place that’s constantly redefining itself. Dynamic and alive, it encourages visitors to leave their comfort zone and rewards them with unique and authentic experiences.
It’s where Pacific culture and true Canadian coastal experiences yield constant discovery. Whatever you crave—incredible international cuisine, breathtaking outdoor adventure, or captivating relics of the past—Richmond is an experience truly Canadian in its multicultural essence and authentically Pacific in its appeal.
Check out the Visit Richmond BC website for details on where to eat, places to visit, and what events are going on during Nationals.
Take a look at some exciting activities to do while in Richmond!
Results & Awards
All results will be available via ISET Sports.
Did you know you can follow your team on ISET for team-specific updates?
- Step 1 - Go to the ‘Teams’ tab of the event page (once available)
- Step 2 - Click on your team name to open your team profile
- Step 3 – Click on ‘Get Updates’ and subscribe to get email updates, including competition scores for your team
2019 – Live scoring and live results will once again be available.
All winners are announced at the awards ceremony and will be listed here after the tournament.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals are awarded to the top 3 teams of all Division 1, Tier 1 age/gender divisions. Gold and Silver medals are awarded to the top 2 teams of all other Tiers and Divisions.
Awards will be handed out the final day of every tournament and will be free of charge to attend.
Division 1 Tier 1 Champions
Congratulations to Cats Gold for winning the Richmond 14U Girls Nationals!
Silver: T2VB Crew 1AA
Bronze: Canuck Black
Fair Play Award
The Fair Play Award will be awarded to one male and female 14U team, at the end of every tournament, who have embodied the spirit of the Fair Play rule and have displayed support and consideration for their teammates as well as other participants. This award will be chosen by a Volleyball Canada awards selection committee consisting of staff, VC Representative, and referees.
Jr Canuck Black
Player of the Wave
Each team will be able to nominate one player on day 1 & 2 of competition. After each wave, coaches will select a deserving player to submit a ballot at the VC booth. All players who submit a ballot will receive a personalized Player of the Wave certificate.
Cassidy Fillmore - Action Volleyball Club
Makala Wideman - Jr. Canuck
Samanthaa Pieri - Jr. Canuck Red
Kayla Schulkawsky - BVC Fusion
Kirsten Gebert - Canuck Red
Madison Hiebert - RainCity Rush
Mizuno Outstanding Coach Award
The Outstanding Coach Award is an award designed to celebrate coaches who embody the ideal qualities of a coach. Mizuno is a proud sponsor of this award.
Jenn Robinson- Rain City Rush
Maria Vu - Nooks
Lauren Marshall - NAVC Griffins
Follow us on:
Interested in keeping up with all of the communications released regarding Nationals? Subscribe to our mailing list so that you're the first to know!
Join our Team!
If you are interested in being a part of this event let us know by completing this form. There are various areas to get involved in such as, activations/promotions, court management, results, special events etc.
Please find the link to the photos from the Richmond 2019 Nationals. There will be more photos posted in the near future.