2019 Nationals - 15U Boys & 16U Girls
17- 20 May, 2019
List of registered teams
For questions regarding the changing of team or club names please contact email@example.com with the details that you would like to alter.
Click here to upload your team's photo and logo for Nationals 2019.
With some events filling quickly, waitlists will come into effect as soon as the event fills. Teams will be invited to join the event from the waitlist as/if spots become available in the order in which they registered onto the waitlist.
Withdrawing a team from Nationals
If you wish to withdraw from Nationals, please complete the Team Withdrawal Form.
Teams who wish to withdraw from Nationals will be eligible for a refund as per the following timelines:
All team registrations for Nationals are done on the Volleyball Registration System (VRS). For assistance on registering a team, please consult the Nationals Registration Guide. Registration for the 15U Boys and 16U Girls event in Regina will open on Wednesday January 23rd at 12pm (noon) Eastern time.
We encourage teams be prepared to register at the time of registration opening as events can fill quickly.
New for 2019! Teams may only register for their declared age category during the January registration dates. For teams interested in playing in multiple age categories or in an older age category, please see the “Teams Playing Up” section below for further details.
Registration fee: $1100
Registration Closing Date
Teams have until 11:59PM EST on April 10th, 2019 to register pending availability in the tournament.
Rosters do not need to be uploaded by teams for Nationals. All rosters (including players and coaches/team personnel) will be taken directly from the Provincial/Territorial Association (PTA) based on each team’s final roster for their PTA Championships. Rosters will be available for review prior to the event.
For questions regarding registration or rosters or registration please contact:
Vanessa Valente - firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-748-5681 x238
Please fill either of these request forms if you wish to make a change to your provincial championship roster for VC Nationals. Please note that exemptions will only be
For questions regarding roster exemption please contact:
Sandra de Graaff, Director, Domestic Competitions (email@example.com).
Volleyball Canada’s Stay to Play policy is in effect for the 2019 National Championships. This means that all participating travelling teams are required to book hotel rooms through the event’s Accommodation Management Provider (AMP), in order to be eligible to play in the tournament.
HTG Sports Services is the official AMP for the 2019 Regina National Championships.
Booking opening date: Thursday, Jan 24th, 2019 at noon, 12:00pm EST
Team bookings: If you have yet to book team accommodations, please click here to book. Team codes are required to book team blocks.
Individual and small bookings: The HTG link to book individual or small group bookings is now available. Click here to book now! Please note; this link is not for team bookings, it is available to accommodate parents/supporters who require additional rooms outside of team bookings. Team codes are not required.
Note: Due to limited hotel inventory in the City of Regina; all teams are asked to limit their room blocks to 10 rooms per team. Any additional rooms can be requested in the comment section of your request and will only be approved once the majority of registered teams have been accommodated.
Stay to Play - Exemption Requests
Volleyball Canada will consider Stay to Play exemption requests under the following categories:
- Proximity Exemption Request: A team is based within 150km of the competition venue OR the team plans to stay with family or friends that resides within 150km of the competition venue.
- Special Exemption Request: For exemption requests that do not fall under the above category, please fill out this Special Exemption Request.
NEW in 2019 - Local teams no longer need to submit a Stay to Play Exemption Request form. Volleyball Canada will review all registrations to identify local teams and will send a Stay to Play Exemption confirmation email within 7 business days of registration to those who are eligible.
Accommodations Contact Information
For questions regarding the Stay to Play Policy and Exemption Requests, please contact:
- Caitlin Devlin - Volleyball Canada - firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-748-5681 x229.
For questions regarding hotels and the booking portal, please contact:
- Melanie Mariutti - HTG Sports Services - email@example.com or 1-800-668-5596 x 203.
Volleyball Canada is proud to once again have Absolute Travel Specialists on board as our official travel booking partner for the 2019 Volleyball Canada Nationals. Absolute Travel is an optional service to help ease the booking process and secure competitive rates.
Book your group flights with Absolute Travel Specialists by February 8th 2019 and you will be automatically entered into a draw for a $500 credit towards your group flight booking.
Why Book with Absolute?
· Very competitive rates to and from all major gateways.
· Absolute Travel will secure group air seats to and from all major gateways which will ensure the best flight times and travel schedules for your team and their families.
· Your team will get group pricing where every person traveling with your team will pay the same price.
· Your team will only have to pay a deposit to hold your space, with final payment required 60 days prior to travel date, which will give your team lots of time to fundraise if required.
· Names are not required at time of deposit, just your estimated numbers.
· You can reduce your group block by up to 20% prior to final payment.
· Groups receive free seat selection. ($57.50 per person value)
· If required teams will have the option to prepay baggage fees at time of final payment to make airport check in easier and faster.
· Payment options are available.
Did You Know?
· Absolute Travel has experience booking team group travel and has assisted Volleyball Canada Teams for the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Nationals.
· Air Canada groups will no longer provide group quotes unless you are an IATA registered agent, which Absolute Travel is.
· WestJet has a long standing group relationship with Absolute Travel.
· You do not have to wait to hold your groups seats. You can hold your space with a $ 100/person deposit any time after September 15th.
If you have any questions regarding booking your group travel and/or flights for the VC Nationals, please contact:
Elayne Pink - firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free 1-866-322-6538
Rules & Policies
For rules and policies please follow this link that will take you directly to Volleyball Canada's policy page.
2019 Ticketing Costs
$40 - (19-64) Tournament Pass (per tournament)
$15 - (19-64) Day Pass
$10 - (65+) Day Pass
$30 - (65+) Tournament Pass
FREE - Under 19
*Please note that prices for event passes are as listed on the website and on the pre-purchase form and not as per what was listed in our last communication. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.
** Event passes will be available for purchase at EVRAZ Place
For information and questions regarding event passes, please contact:
email@example.com or 613-748-5681
Ticketing & Will Call:
Pre-purchased event passes will be available for pick up at Will Call. Make sure to have a piece of photo I.D. as well as a proof of payment with you when picking up your pass. If you are picking up a pass under another name, please have the printed confirmation of their purchase to receive these passes.
- 1700 Elphinstone St, Regina, SK S4P 2Z6
- Evraz Place is centrally located only minutes away from downtown Regina and Regina International Airport.
- There are three entrances for this event—International Trade Centre (this is where check in will be), Affinity Plex and Cooperators Centre.
- Evraz place
- ITC Court Layout
- AffinityPlex Court Layout
- Parking is located on site.
- There are multiple parking lots throughout the grounds of Evraz Place
- There are two main entrances for this events –International Trade Centre and AffinityPlex
- Evraz offers complimentary parking.
- Parking Map
Please click the link to plan your trip via public transit
Please follow this link to find out more information on food services.
* Please be advised that no outdoor food or drink is permitted in the facility
Check-in will be Friday, May 17th, 2019 from 12:30pm-9:00pm
Important Check-in Reminders:
- Only individuals on the official team roster can check-in their team (head coach, assistant coach, team contact, manager)
- The players themselves are not required to be at check-in.
- Proof of age must be presented for all players in the form of a government - issued ID (copies are encouraged).
- Teams who are not available during the listed check-in time will be required to submit a late check-in request and will be charged $50.
- Coaches are required to provide their NCCP number at check-in.
Late Check - In
Please fill in this form if you are unable to make the specified check-in time.
Final schedules are available on ISET.net.
16UG Seeding - updated May 14 @ 12:20pm
15UB Seeding - updated May 14 @ 12:20pm
Please note that this is a draft schedule, updated May 16, 2019
*Please check ISET for final schedules.
Teams may sign up for a practice time prior to their tournament at no charge. Teams are permitted 45-60-minute practice slot and are asked to promptly exit the court space at the end of the reserved time. Practice times will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Practice times for 16U girls & 15U boys will be from 2:00pm-8:00pm.
- Click here to register for your practice times.
Current Practice Times: Updated May 16th, 2019
**Please note there has been changes to the 16U girls practice time
For information and questions regarding practice time bookings, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-748-5681 ext 240
Day 1 and 2 of Nationals will be split into 2 waves. The AM wave normally starts at 7:30am and the PM wave starts at approximately 1:30pm. A team will play in the same wave on both day 1 and day 2. There will be no waves for day 3 of competition.
- Click here to view the wave times. Please note that they are subject to change as scheduling and registration is finalized.
Please find more details on RMX Digital.
All participants have access to free medical services and supplies while participating at nationals.
Volleyball Canada is providing athletic therapists that will be available on-site for all athletes. Every hall will include a medical station in which an athletic therapist will be available.
Cramer Medical has provided all medical supplies for nationals. This includes free taping for all athletes! Thank you to Cramer Medical for their support!
Please make sure to review the Concussion Policy and Protocol. All athletic therapists on site will be qualified to perform concussion assessments if necessary; players who do not pass their assessment will not be permitted able to play for the remainder of the tournament.
Be sure to check out the Nationals action live! Court 1 is live streamed all weekend, check it out!
Volleyball Canada will once again be providing electronic scoring at all Nationals in 2019 via ISET.net! This means that supporters will have instant access to match scores and will be able to track their team’s progress throughout the tournament.
Please follow this link to learn the "how to" on e-scoring
There will be a training session on e-scoring on Friday May 17th at 7:00pm. Location is still to be determined. Please keep checking back to find the specific location
More information regarding the use of e-scoring will be posted in the spring.
Evraz Place is conveniently located in the centre of Regina and it is just a short walk to the downtown core. Downtown Regina features boundless opportunities for entertainment in all seasons, including festivals, attractions that feature natural history, science, or art, and opportunities to Hang with the Locals every step of the way!
Feel the energy of a city on the rise as you revel in the astonishing variety of cultural, entertainment and recreational opportunities that abound in and around the city. Welcoming 2.1 million visitors and 112,000 business visitors annually, Regina hosts many events and conventions, so visitors may have a truly Canadian experience with a local flair that is unforgettable.
Check out www.tourismregina.com/events for a day to day events listing!
Take a look at our video to see what Regina is all about!
Click here to get more information on attractions in Regina.
Get social with us!
Follow us on Instagram @tourism_regina
Hashtag us #SeeYQR
Follow our Regina Ambassadors to #SeeYQR through the eyes of the locals who know it best!
Results & Awards
All results will be available via ISET Sports.
Did you know you can follow your team on ISET for team-specific updates?
- Step 1 - Go to the ‘Teams’ tab of the event page (once available)
- Step 2 - Click on your team name to open your team profile
- Step 3 – Click on ‘Get Updates’ and subscribe to get email updates, including competition scores for your team
2019 – Live scoring and live results will once again be available.
All winners are announced at the awards ceremony and will be listed here after the tournament.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals are awarded to the top 3 teams of all Division 1, Tier 1 age/gender divisions. Gold and Silver medals are awarded to the top 2 teams of all other Tiers and Divisions.
Awards will be handed out the final day of every tournament and will be free of charge to attend.
All-Star and MVP Awards, presented by Active Ankle
All-star and MVP Awards selection process: Volleyball Canada`s awards selection committee works with all coaches of the four Division 1, Tier 1 semi-finalists to select an MVP and all-stars for the age groups of 15U, 16U, 17U and 18U. This is done by coaches nominating players from their own teams as well as their opponents and tabulating the top 6 players of each age division/gender
Fair Play Award
The Fair Play Award will be awarded to one male and female 14U team, at the end of every tournament, who have embodied the spirit of the Fair Play rule and have displayed support and consideration for their teammates as well as other participants. This award will be chosen by a Volleyball Canada awards selection committee consisting of staff, VC Representative, and referees.
Player of the Wave
Each team will be able to nominate one player on day 1 & 2 of competition. After each wave, coaches will select a deserving player to submit a ballot at the VC booth. All players who submit a ballot will receive a personalized Player of the Wave certificate.
Mizuno Outstanding Coach Award
The Outstanding Coach Award is an award designed to celebrate coaches who embody the ideal qualities of a coach. Mizuno is a proud sponsor of this award.
Follow us on:
Interested in keeping up with all of the communications released regarding Nationals? Subscribe to our mailing list so that you're the first to know!
Join our Team!
If you are interested in being a part of this event let us know by completing this form. There are various areas to get involved in such as, activations/promotions, court management, results, special events etc.
Post Event Survey
Throughout the years we have greatly appreciated the feedback provided on your Nationals experience; your responses help us take the steps needed to improve our event.
The results of the 2019 post event survey will allow us to continue to learn on how we can keep improving Nationals and allows us to provide our athletes, coaches and spectators with the best Nationals possible in upcoming years.
Tell us how we did at the end of Nationals 2019 to be entered into a draw to win the prizes below!
- Free Indoor Nationals registration for 2020
- Mikasa prize packs
- Additional prizing from our sponsors
Stay tuned for more prizing!