Edmonton 2018 presented by Inter Pipeline
2018 will be a festival year, which means that the Volleyball Canada Nationals will be hosted in one city, and in one venue!
Tournament #1 - 15U & 16U
Check-In/Practices: May 16th
Competition Days: May 17th - 19th
Tournament #2 - 14U, 17U & 18U
Check-In/Practices: May 19th
Competition Days: May 20th - 22nd
Registration will take place in January 2018. Cost is $1200 per team and registration dates are as follows for each age group:
- January 9 12:00 EST – 15U Boys & Girls
- January 11 12:00 EST – 16U Boys & Girls
- January 16 12:00 EST – 17U Boys & Girls
- January 17 12:00 EST – 18U Boys & Girls
- January 18 12:00 EST – 14U Boys & Girls
All team registrations for Nationals are done on the Volleyball Registration System (VRS). For assistance in registering a team, please consult the Nationals Registration Guide (Coming soon).
Accommodations & Travel
Volleyball Canada’s Stay to Play policy is in effect for the 2018 National Championships in Edmonton. This means that all participating teams are required to book hotel rooms through the event’s Accommodation Management Provider (AMP), in order to be eligible to play in the tournament.
HTG Sports Services is the official Accommodations Management Provider for the 2018 National Championships. All bookings must occur through the HTG booking portal.
For more information on the Stay to Play policy, please review the Volleyball Canada Stay to Play Overview and our Frequently Asked Questions document.
NEW FOR 2018! - Hotel bookings will open in two waves, based on the 2 wave tournament schedule.
Tournament 1 (15U, 16U Teams) online booking opens: Monday, January 15th at 12:00 EST
Tournament 2 (17U, 18U, 14U Teams) online booking opens: Monday, January 22nd at 12:00 EST
Please note; those booking in the second wave will be at no disadvantage. The same number of rooms have been reserved for Tournament 1 and Tournament 2 participants.
Stay to Play - Exemption Requests
Volleyball Canada will consider Stay to Play exemption requests under the following categories:
- Proximity Exemption Request: A team is based within 160km of the competition venue OR the team plans to stay with family or friends that resides within 160 km of the competition.
- Special Exemption Request: For exemption requests that do not fall under the above category, please fill out this Special Exemption Request.
A link to the Stay to Play Exemption Form will available here on December 13, 2017.
Accommodations Contact Information
For questions regarding the Stay to Play Policy and Exemption Requests, please contact:
- Caitlin Devlin - Volleyball Canada - email@example.com or 613-748-5681 x229.
Volleyball Canada has partnered with Absolute Travel Specialists Ltd to support the travel booking process for Nationals participants.
NEW PROMOTION: Book your flights with Absolute Travel by December 1st to be entered into a draw to win $500 off your team’s total travel cost to Edmonton 2018. *Teams that have already booked for Edmonton 2018 through Absolute Travel will automatically be entered into the draw.
The final matches on Saturday May 19th and Tuesday May 22nd will start as late as 4:30pm. Please keep this in mind when booking flights and accommodations.
Why Book with Absolute?
- NEW - 1 FREE checked bag per person, round trip with all bookings through Absolute (Approximate value of $60 per person)
- NEW - FREE seat selection with all booking through Absolute
- Very competitive rates from all major gateways to Edmonton
- Absolute Travel has secured group air seats from all major gateways to Edmonton, which will ensure the best flight times and travel schedules for your team and their families.
- Your team will get group pricing where every person traveling with your team will pay the same price.
- Your team will only have to pay a deposit to hold your space, with final payment required 45 days prior to travel date, which will give your team lots of time to fundraise if required.
- Names are not required at time of deposit, just your estimated numbers.
- You can reduce your group block by up to 20% prior to final payment.
- Groups receive free seat selection.
- Teams will have the option to prepay baggage fees at time of final payment to make airport check in easier and faster.
- Payment options are available.
Did You Know?
- Air Canada groups will no longer provide group quotes unless you are an IATA registered agent, which Absolute Travel is.
- Absolute Travel has experience booking team group travel and have assisted Volleyball Canada Teams for the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Nationals.
- Bus charters from Calgary are also available.
You do not have to wait to hold your groups seats. You can hold your space with a deposit any time after September 15th. Check back soon for more details on prices and flight routes that will be available for National’s participants!
If you have any questions regarding booking your group travel and/or flights for the VC Nationals please contact:
- Elayne Pink - firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free 1-866-322-6538
Rules & Policies
Indoor Competition Guide
Please consult the 2018 Indoor Competition Guide for information on guidelines that are specific to Volleyball Canada National Championships. These include, but are not limited to, team composition, player registration, seeding and draw principles.
Please consult the 2017/2018 Volleyball Canada Indoor Volleyball Rulebook for information on the rules and regulations that govern play at Volleyball Canada events. In addition, the 2017/2018 Indoor Rule Updates summarizes the most recent rule changes or updates.
Please consult the 2018 Nationals Age Categories document for details on the age categories that will be in place for the National Championships.
Coaching Certification Policy
Please consult the 2018 Volleyball Canada Coaching Certification Policy to learn about the certification requirements for coaching a particular age category at National Championships and the sanctions associated with a failure to meet these requirements.
Concussion Policy and Protocol (coming soon)
Please consult the Volleyball Canada Concussion Policy and Protocol to see the measures that we will be implemented at all National Championships.
Libero Uniform Guidelines
Please consult the 2018 Volleyball Canada Libero Uniform Guidelines for information on acceptable and non-compliant jersey combinations.
Code of Conduct
The purpose of this Code of Conduct and Ethics is to ensure a safe and positive environment within Volleyball Canada programs, activities and events, by making all individuals aware that there is an expectation of appropriate behavior, consistent with the values of Volleyball Canada, at all times.
Stay to Play Policy
Please consult the 2018 Seeding document. Please note seeding principles differ across various age groups.
For questions regarding the seeding for Volleyball Canada National Championships, please contact the :
- Sandra de Graaff, Director of Domestic Competitions - email@example.com or 613-748-5681 x 227
Foreign Individual & Foreign Team Participation
This document outlines the circumstances in which foreign individuals and foreign teams may participate in VC sanction events.
Edmonton Expo Centre
7515 118 Ave NW
Volleyball Canada is looking for a Domestic Events Assistant to aid in the planning, preparation and execution of the 2018 Volleyball Canada National Championships in Edmonton.
Application Deadline: Monday November 20, 2017 (11:59 EST)
Join our team!
If you are interested in being a part of this event let us know by completing this form. There are various areas to get involved in such as, social media, court management, results, special events, etc.