Sep the 15 Corporate
Join us in honouring four outstanding members of the volleyball community
Volleyball Canada is inviting its community to join in an online celebration of the 2020 inductees into its Hall of Fame, this Thursday, September 16, 2021.
The celebration will honour four individuals who have contributed so much to the community over many years:
- Alberta’s Theresa Maxwell is being inducted in the Builder category for her many years as an athlete, coach and administrator for the sport at the local, provincial and national levels.
- Also from Alberta, Kathy Tough spent years competing for Canada both indoors and on the beach. She was captain of the 1996 Canadian Olympic team and has also coached volleyball for many years. Kathy is being welcomed as an Athlete.
- John Barrett, 1984 Olympian and current University of Toronto head coach, is also being inducted as an Athlete into the Hall of Fame in recognition of his outstanding career as a player, coach and innovator.
- Brad Barton of Nova Scotia has made a difference in the lives of the countless people he has mentored, inspired and befriended. Brad is being inducted as a Referee, administrator, and leader in our sport.
- Full bios can be found in the official program, which can be downloaded here.
As the class of 2020 did not have an in-person ceremony due to the pandemic, Volleyball Canada is hosting this online induction as well as a "live" celebration in conjunction with one of its future events when it’s safe to gather in larger numbers.
The online event will kick off at 7:30 pm ET.
All are welcome, but registration is required:
Confirmation will be sent via email to registered guests before the online event.
For more information, please contact us.
This year’s Hall of Fame ceremony is presented by Nothers – The Award Store, official provider to Volleyball Canada.