The Elementary Program provides the tools teachers and coaches need to make volleyball FUN for 6 to 12 year olds.
Volleyball has traditionally been viewed as a difficult sport to introduce to young children, but it doesn't have to be. With the simple modifications that Elementary Program offers, teachers and coaches can easily provide children with a fun and rewarding volleyball experience. Best of all you don't need to be a volleyball expert to get started!
UPDATE: VC has released its new Smashball program with an app available to assist teachers and coaches administer this fun, kid-friendly approach to learning the sport.
Here’s more info on this promotional sheet.
The "Smashball Trainer" app can be downloaded from Apple or Google Play.
What is the Elementary Program?
The Elementary Program is a National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) online course designed for Elementary School Teachers delivering physical education curriculum for grades 1-6. The course is also beneficial for community centres and clubs looking for a program that develops physical literacy through volleyball.
The Elementary Volleyball eLearning module provides teachers and community leaders with:
• Interactive exercises, video demonstrations, and quizzes to support teachers and coaches on how to deliver unit plans.
• 150-page Teacher Guide with sample lesson plans and assessments
• Teacher Guide is downloadable after the purchase of the e-module
• 5 Professional Development (PD) points for NCCP certified coaches
• Teachers and coaches who complete the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) pathway will achieve the status of: "Trained" Community Coach