Jr Men Indoor - Program Info
The purpose of the National Junior Team is to identify, select and train a group of athletes who have potential or demonstrated international skill and experience to represent Canada at the elite level.
All athletes MUST:
- Be a Canadian citizen and have a valid Canadian passport.
- Have a passport valid until March 1st, 2020
- Be born in 1999 or later.
Athlete identification and selection
1. Identification: Athletes will initially be identified for the Men's National Team through observation by National Team staff throughout the club, college, university and professional seasons.
2. 2019 Junior Team Program Plan - Click here for information document
3. 2019 Junior Open Selection Camp - Click here for information document
Phase 1 - Preparation and U21 NORCECA Pan Am Cup (Tarapoto, Peru)
April 28 – Arrival in Gatineau
April 29-30 – Training Camp – Gatineau May 1 – Depart for Peru (12 athletes only will travel) - Non travelling athlete depart
May 2-11 - U21 NORCECA Pan Am Cup - Tarapoto, Peru May 12 – Return to Gatineau
May 12-13-14 – Break May 15 – Start of Phase 2 (see below)
Phase 2 - Preparation and U21 FIVB World Championship (Manama, Bahrain)
April 14 – Deadline for application to selection camp
May 15 – Athlete arrive for open selection camp May 16 - 19 – open selection camp – Gatineau (14-16 athletes will be selected) May 20 - July 14 – Training Camp – Gatineau July 15 – Depart for Bahrain (12 athletes only will travel)
July 18– 27 – U21 World Championship - Manama, Bahrain
- Athletes will be supported financially through Sport Canada carding for a minimum of 4 months at $1060/month (D card)
- Tuition support for the 2019-2020 academic year; Tuition support is available for courses at Canadian Universities or Colleges that are publicly supported. Other Canadian educational institutions may be considered for Tuition support on a case-by-case basis and must be pre-approved by the AAP Manager.
- AAP will cover a carded athlete’s tuition fees up to a maximum of $5,500 per carding cycle.
- Eligible Athletes who are attending a post-secondary institution outside of Canada are not eligible for tuition support.
- All athletes selected to the junior team will be required to pay a $2,000 program fee/fundraising obligation. The money that is raised from these fees will be used to offset travel, training and competition costs for the program.
For additional information please contact:
Frank Boyer: Manager, Men's National Team