Sr B Men Indoor - Program Info
The purpose of the National B Team is to identify, select and train a group of athletes who have potential or demonstrated international skill and experience to represent Canada at the elite level.
All athletes MUST:
- Be a Canadian citizen and have a valid Canadian passport.
- Have a passport should be valid until April 1, 2020
Athlete identification and selection
1. Identification: Athletes will initially be identified for the Men's National Team through observation by National Team Staff throughout the club, college, university and professional seasons.
2. 2019 Selection Camp - Click here for information document
April 14 – Deadline for application to selection camp
May 1-6 – Selection camp – Gatineau
May 7 - August 19 – Training Camp – Gatineau
June 14-22 – Pan American Cup - Colima, Mexico
August 20-25 – NORCECA Champions Cup - Colorado Springs, USA
- Athletes will be supported financially through Sport Canada carding for a minimum of 4 months at $1060/month (D or C1 card) or $1765/month (SR card).
- Tuition support for the 2019-2020 academic year; Tuition support is available for courses at Canadian Universities or Colleges that are publicly supported. Other Canadian educational institutions may be considered for Tuition support on a case-by-case basis and must be pre-approved by the AAP Manager.
- AAP will cover a carded athlete’s tuition fees up to a maximum of $5,500 per carding cycle.
- Eligible Athletes who are attending a post-secondary institution outside of Canada are not eligible for tuition support.
- All athletes selected to the B team will be required to pay a $2,500 program fee/fundraising obligation. The money that is raised from these fees will be used to offset travel, training and competition costs for the program.
For additional information please contact:
Frank Boyer: Manager, Men's National Team