2023 Youth Nationals
Volleyball Canada is excited to introduce a new, nine-day National Championship event in 2023, hosted in Calgary, Alberta. 16U girls and both 17U and 18U age groups play across three separate tournaments at the Olympic Oval.
The 14U Nationals will be hosted in Ottawa, Halifax, and Winnipeg, with 15U and 16U boys heading back to Edmonton. Regina will host the 15U girls in the final weekend of Nationals.
Learn more about Volleyball Canada’s domestic events, including the Youth Nationals, here.
July 16, 2022: Volleyball Canada announces date change for Calgary 2023
Accommodations & Travel
VC’s Stay to Play policy is in effect for the 2023 Nationals. This means that all participating travelling teams are required to book hotel rooms through the event’s Accommodation Management Provider (AMP), in order to be eligible to play in the tournament.
VC is once again pleased to be working with two AMPs in 2023. Booking dates will vary by event and will be released at a later date. Please note; booking accommodations are only permitted once teams are registered.
*To prioritize registered teams, hotel booking links will initially only be found in each team's 2023 Nationals registration confirmation email. Hotel booking links will be available on the website one week after the last scheduled registration opening date.
HTG Sports Services is the official AMP for the following 2023 Nationals:
- 14U – Ottawa, ON
- 15U & 16U Boys – Edmonton, AB
- 16U Girls, 17U & 18U – Calgary, AB
EventConnect is the official AMP for the following 2023 Nationals:
- 14U – Halifax, NS
- 14U – Winnipeg, MB
- 15U Girls – Regina, SK
All bookings must occur through the appropriate booking portal.
Further details on the Stay to Play booking process will be released in the fall of 2022.
VC is once again happy to partner with Absolute Travel Specialists for the 2023 Nationals season. Though not required, we encourage teams to book with Absolute Travel Specialists to take advantage of the following benefits:
- WIN: Book your team with Absolute Travel Specialists by January 29, 2023 and you will be automatically entered into a draw for a $500 credit towards your group flight booking.
- Hold Group Space: Absolute Travel is holding group space, permitting you to mix and match flights with Air Canada and Westjet from all gateways! Absolute Travel has secured group air seats from all major gateways, which ensures the best flight times for your team and families with competitive rates.
- Free checked bag and seat selection: Bookings include 1 FREE checked bag per person, round trip PLUS free seat selection! (Approximate value $120)
- Group pricing: Every person travelling with your team will pay the same price.
- Reserve with deposit only: Final payment required 75 days prior to travel date giving your team lots of time to fundraise if required. Names are not required at the time of deposit, just your estimated numbers.
- Payment options are available.
- Block reduction: You can reduce your group block by up to 20% without penalty.
Contact Elayne Pink - firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free 1-866-322-6538 - for more information, or to book today!
Did You Know?
- Air Canada Groups no longer provides group quotes unless you are an IATA registered agency, which Absolute Travel is.
- Absolute Travel has experience booking team group travel and has assisted Volleyball Canada Teams for all Nationals since 2015.
- WestJet has a long-standing group relationship with Absolute Travel.
Rules & Policies
For rules and policies please follow this link that will take you directly to VC's policy page.
VC is committed to a sport environment free from abuse that is safe for all participants. For more information, our policies, and resources, please click here.
Safe Sport Reporting
VC has zero tolerance for any type of abuse. Individuals are required to report abuse or suspected abuse to VC or to a Provincial/Territorial Association so that those matters can be addressed in an expeditious manner.
For more information, please see the Safe Sport Complaint Process Overview. Reports can be made to VC’s Independent third-party Safe Sport Officer at email@example.com or (519) 900-6813, or by contacting the Canadian Sport Helpline:
VC is requiring that all individuals involved with the sport across the country take the new safe sport training module, available via the Coaching Association of Canada website.
As of April 1, 2020, anyone associated with a Sport Canada-funded organization must be trained on conduct to prevent and address maltreatment. This includes coaches, referees, parents of youth athletes, high-performance staff and contractors, officials; and all administrative staff and volunteers whether they may have direct contact with athletes or not.
Through the adoption of VC’s Pan Canadian Safe Sport policies, all Provincial/Territorial Association registered coaches, referees, staff/contract members and volunteers, are required to take approved Safe Sport Training. VC also currently mandates training for parents of Youth National Team Program athletes, however, PTA’s currently implement safe sport training requirements for parents of youth athletes in their province and it is not currently included in the Volleyball Registration System and is not a requirement for registration for National Championships.
The safe sport module is a free, 90-minute eLearning module that gives all participants the tools to recognize, address, and prevent maltreatment in sport. The module aligns with the principles of the Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport and meets Sport Canada requirements for Safe Sport education.
Visit the safe sport training site for more info: https://safesport.coach.ca/
All coaches, staff members, volunteers, referees, team staff members and Integrated Support Team (IST) members involved in VC domestic competitions are required to have completed a criminal record/police check issued within 36 months of the activity being attended. These requirements apply to all disciplines.
To provide further clarification, we have compiled the following Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Follow us on:
VC Nationals Newsletter
The VC Nationals Newsletter is the main outlet for VC communicating with Nationals participants. The Newsletter provides news, updates, and promotions regarding VC's domestic events.
View all National events' past results here.