Volleyball Canada’s Coach Eligibility Requirements for National Championships are to ensure that all coaches participating in a VC National Championship have the knowledge and training necessary to provide every athlete with a safe, inclusive and responsible sport experience.
- All athletes have the right to a NCCP Certified coach.
- All coaches have the responsibility to:
- Have the required training to provide an environment that is physically, mentally, emotionally and socially safe for all athletes and participants.
- Have the required training to be able to provide a responsible learning environment that incorporates Volleyball Canada’s teaching methodologies, technical guidelines and long-term athlete development principles.
- Ensure that all training is current and updated as required, to be able to provide a safe and responsible sport experience for all.