Jun the 11 Corporate
National Team summer training camps cancelled
JUNE 11, 2020: Volleyball Canada has cancelled its remaining women’s and men’s indoor National Team training centre programming for the summer of 2020.
“After careful consideration we have decided it’s not possible to safely conduct our National Team programs this summer at either of our training centres,” said Julien Boucher, High Performance Director for Volleyball Canada’s indoor teams.
"We are continuing to provide conditioning advice and other services that can be accessed remotely. It’s not logistically possible to hold camps at our centres this year due to the ongoing pandemic restrictions on facilities and travel."
The following are cancelled:
- Summer training for the Senior teams in Richmond, B.C. (women) and Gatineau, QC (men)
- Women’s NextGen selection camp and summer training camp
- Men’s NextGen (Paris 2024) summer training camp
- Men’s U21 selection camp and summer training camp
- Fall training sessions for senior athletes may be offered and would be announced later this summer.
Volleyball Canada is also exploring the option of virtual programming for our youth programs (U20 women and U19/U21 men) and will share more information when it is available.
For more info on Volleyball Canada’s events and programs affected by COVID-19, and on “Return to Play”, please see our web site:
Photo: Steve Kingsman